Check out LCA's Facebook page for what's happening in our neighborhood. Make sure to "LIKE" us to stay informed and be sure to share your news and thoughts with your neighbors!
Message from the President Summer 2013
Recently, I was chatting with Alderman Michele Smith about what residents could do to combat the recent increase in graffiti in the Lincoln Park community. She mentioned that a large number of calls to her office are for graffiti complaints.
Alderman Smith stressed that it is very important for residents to report the presence of graffiti on both public and private property immediately. However, in order to enable the city to effectively remove the graffiti in a timely manner, specific information needs to be provided with each report of graffiti.
Here are the things that need to be done when reporting the presence of graffiti:
1. Call 3-1-1 or go to the city’s web site, shown below:
2. Be sure to report the exact building address with graffiti.
3. Identify the specific area of the building where the graffiti is located.
4. Identify the type of material it is painted on. For example, on unpainted brick, on aluminum siding or on a wood garage door.
5. Report whether the graffiti is more than 6 feet off of the ground.
6. Report whether the graffiti appears to be gang related or racial. These get more immediate attention.
Graffiti should be reported no matter where it is, including public and private property. It can be on mailboxes or on a glass window of a retail store. Whenever you see graffiti, you should be diligent and report it immediately.
Thank you for your assistance in helping keep our community a place we can be proud of.
Lincoln Central Association